Monday, October 7, 2013

Meet the 2013 Nicaragua Mission Team


There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.-1 Corinthians 12:4-6



My name is Pat Hoogkamp and I am married with three children ages 6, 8 and 9 months old. For 10 years I have owned a residential construction company. God has blessed me with great skills and a large heart for children. Serving God with those talents has called me to this mission. I believe such talents will be a great benefit to the team and myself during this trip.

Hola!  Mi nombre es Eric Jerabek.  I am a U.S. Army Veteran and married to Dolores Jerabek for 54 years. I have been involved in various ministries of which include: Faith Alive, Tres Dias, Kairos ,Habitat for Humanity, and serving as an Elder on various boards at Bethlehem Lutheran Church. In 2010, I was on a mission trip to Poland and taught English to children at a Bible camp.  Two years ago with Elderhostel Dolores and I visited Central America and the Panama Canal. I am currently retired after 23 years at AT&T as a Telecommunications Planning Engineer.  I enjoy helping people and serving the Lord by spreading his good news.  I look forward to serving Him on my trip to Nicaragua.

Hello, my name is Dolores Jerabek. Even when I hadn’t fully secured Jesus into my heart God’s faithfulness was there. Over our 54 years of marriage our Lord has been there guiding and protecting through life’s challenges.  We have 3 children and 7 grandchildren. The move in l982, to Granite Springs NY from the Albany area really began a more fulfilling and life changing spiritual journey for me.  My neighbor, being a wonderful Christian, invited me to join the neighborhood Bible study group. I began to read and attend Bible study regularly.  Our new church and its members were also very supportive as I was led to finding Jesus in a fuller way. My Christian walk was enriched also by several ministries that I became committed to. They were Faith Alive, Tres Dias, volunteering at Ronald McDonald House and various other activities. Bethlehem Lutheran Church became our new home when we returned to the Albany area and an answer to prayer.  Through the 15 years we have been members I have served in the choir for 10 years. I am honored to be serving as an Elder at BLC since 2012.  In Nicaragua I trust the Lord, that where ever I am needed, I'll be able to fulfill his calling for me.



My name is Courtney Carter. I am in the 11th grade at Bethlehem High School. I am going on this trip because I love children. I want to help build them a school and share God’s love with them. As a young person I can bring a unique perspective on faith to the children. I will be partnering with Chuck as arts and crafts coordinators and very excited to contribute in this way!




We are Chuck and Sally Jo Gieser - Years ago I heard a sermon - retirement means reassignment.  After retiring from 30 years of involvement in Christian camping (Sky Ranch in Texas and Deerfoot Lodge in New York) my unexpected reassignment has been involvement in missions.  Not too surprising – I’ve been married 50 years to Chuck, born in China to missionary parents.  Over the years we have gone to other countries to help and counsel Christian camps and our oldest grandson was born in Bolivia, where his parents were missionaries. Our family is spread from coast to coast - daughter #1 is on a journey by horse across the USA, daughter #2 and her family live in Washington State and our son and his family live in Delmar.  I enjoy music, gardening, teaching the Bible and encouraging people in their faith - all things we hope to share when we travel to Nicaragua.




Hello, my name is Sean Hoogkamp. I am married with three kids ages 16, 14 and 20 months and  member of BLC for the past 2 years. I am a framer for a local construction company. I am a big time family man! The desire to help others is what has called me to this mission trip to Nicaragua. I believe the gifts of building will be beneficial to the goal of this trip. I also look forward to interacting with the children and people of Nicaragua.



 Hola, mi nombre es Diana Paola LaJeunesse. Tengo dos hermanas y un hermano. Tuvimos una infancia difícil, pero Dios nos dio un hogar. Hoy tengo mi familia adoptiva y la familia de la iglesia. Dios me ha bendecido. Estoy deseando utilizando los regalos que me dio en Nicaragua. Estoy listo para servir a nuestro Señor Jesucristo en el viaje de Nicaragua.
Hello, my name is Diana Paola LaJeunesse. I have two sisters and a brother. We had a hard childhood but God provided us a home. Today I have my adoptive family and church family. God has blessed me. I look forward to using the gifts he gave me in Nicaragua. I am ready to serve our Lord Jesus Christ on our trip to Nicaragua.




My name is Kerrilynn Rooney. I have been an active member at Bethlehem Lutheran Church since 1955. My husband Frank and I raised our four children Tara, Christopher, Michael and Patrick in Delmar. I have had the opportunity and privilege to serve in different ways. This includes making houses in Schoharie to rebuilding walls after Hurricane Katrina. I was blessed to be part of the 2nd mission team to Poland. I have lasting memories of the joy shared with brothers and sisters of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. All of the experiences have been enlightening and humbling, as I have grown in my faith and love for Christ.  I am very excited and look forward to being able to continue this journey as we travel to Nicaragua. It will be a joy to walk this journey with this team of people who have such willing hearts. I know that on our trip we will also experience God’s blessings as we minister.

Hello, my name is Todd Vogel and this will be my second trip to Centro Escolar LifeLink School. The leap of faith that took me on the trip last year has encouraged me to go again. It is very uplifting to hear about the enrichment this school has brought to the students and their families. I am hoping to bring a helping hand in their endeavor of providing more facilities to this school which in turn will grow the Ciudad Sandino Community. Seeing the smiling faces of these students and their families is also a blessing that makes you reflect on life itself.

(One of last years mission team's building accomplishments, with a little humor to boot!)


 



Hola, me llamo Stacy Yarwood.My family and I have been attending Bethlehem Lutheran Church for the last 9 years.  My husband Paul and I have 3 children: Trey, 12; Spencer, 10; and Zachary, 8. When I’m not busy being a soccer mom, I am teaching Spanish in the Schenectady City School District.  I also serve on the PTA board at Eagle Elementary School. I am a leader of the ‘wolves’ in cub scout pack 232, and substitute teacher for Sunday School at BLC.  I am looking forward to working with the children of Centro Escolar and sharing my love of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
 
 


I am Rick Zimmerman, an active member of BLC for over 20 years and reside with my wife and 3 children in the town of New Scotland. I serve as an elder, congregational vice president and president for BLC. As a member I have assisted in the church’s strategic plan and reorganize the governance system. I am excited to be part of the mission team! This trip is an active engagement of our church’s mission: "To reach out to all people and bring them into a living relationship with Jesus Christ."






The Wirth family members Carl Jr., Emily and David will also be joining us on this exciting trip to Nicaragua. As partners to the team they are currently in charge of music, form designer and project coordinator. We would greatly appreciate your prayer and encouragement as we prepare to leave our families, friends, loved ones and country on October 19th. Muchas Bendiciones .




No comments:

Post a Comment