Monday, July 23, 2012

Meet the Team - Sam Smith





Hi, my name is Sam Smith. My family and I have been members of BLC for the past 9 years. I have two younger sisters, Katie and Grace, and a younger brother, Jacob. I was confirmed at BLC by Pastor Mueller. I am currently pursuing a degree in environmental economics with a minor in music theory at the University of Connecticut. I am a member of the Men’s Varsity Track & Field team at school where I participate in the Heptathlon and Decathlon events. At UConn I also serve as a board member of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee which coordinates and participates in many charitable events including Coats for Kids and local food drives. When I am not studying or training (this is rare for me at this stage in my life!), I enjoy singing, playing the guitar and relaxing with my friends. During the summer I work as a carpenter’s apprentice for Forster Construction and as a field events coach for the Delmar Track & Field Club. I am very thankful for the opportunity to be a part of this Nicaragua team. I am very excited to use my construction and music skills to serve our Lord and to help extend the message of God’s love to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment